Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A feminist, steampunk, girls studies mashup!

There are a lot of things I really like in life, and a few of those make it into how I define myself. I am a feminist. I am also a lover of steampunk. And, young adult literature and media is another fav of mine. This project combines all of these things into a wonderful steampunk historical fictionesq book targeting girls and promoting feminist ideas and accomplishments. It is being written and promoted by a man, who is also a father of a young girl. He wants to promote a strong feminist perspective for his daughter while also tying in and highlighting women in history who were scientists, mathematicians, authors, that are often overlooked in traditional history. I like it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airshipambassador/wollstonecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment